Rain again?

• Jimmy Jones

Am I the only one wishing we could get maybe four or five days in a row without getting any rain? I’d like to get more of the garden in the ground. The local lake is sitting at two feet over normal pool this morning with a “no wake” firmly in place. Our weather radar has a large area of yellow, orange, and red directly overhead and its raining pretty darned steady. If this keeps up I’m going to have to get permission from homeowner along the lakeshore to fish in their back yards.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Save this post for early August.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

As winter goes along our body’s make blood and we get cranky. All the rain will create pools of water for hatching mosquitos which in turn will lower our blood levels which in turn will make us happy again. yay yay

Don’t worry, be happy!! jester

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Same here Jimmy, I’m with you. My garden tiller guy is on his way, or it’ll be another week. frown

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I love rainy days.

Garage doors are open enjoying the rain. Radio is on, and the boat is getting a good handwashing and then it’s on to getting steel on the girls’ chicken run.

Meanwhile my 4 year old has her 4 wheeler buried 20 yards into the freshly planted cornfield with her bucket of worms on back while running in asking what’s for lunch (at 8:35am).

The joys of dad life.

smash

Jimmy Jones

I hear ya’ll. If I had me way we’d get maybe an inch of rain every third night. Just a nice gently all-nighter. Start at about 9PM then end about 4AM.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m already backed up on gutters to hang. And weather that isn’t favorable for hanging gutters. We were going to fish the river this morning but I decided I didn’t want to be in the rain all morning. We just went on a long drive looking for turkeys and now about to take the little one to the bow shop to get her shooting the new bow. But a nice morning on the river sounded good this morning.

Attachments:
    1. 20240504_0943430-2-scaled.jpg

Michael Best

Clear skies and not much wind up here in Fergus Falls.
    I have go pick up the 1/2 beef we ordered otherwise I would be fishing. Will probably head to Webster area tomorrow to fish.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Save this post for early August.

Haha, yep. Or June if a similar pattern occurs again that has for the last several years.

Rain > drought

LabDaddy1

As much as it inconveniences me in many of my outdoor adventures right now, I’ll still take every bit mother nature will give up. Because beggars can’t be choosers, droughts are becoming more common, and nothing is guaranteed. I’d rather have too much than too little! Low lake and river levels SUCK!

LabDaddy1

Haha the eyes say it all bearcat. And I’m waiting a little bit on the river. No big rush for me.

FinnyDinDin

We complain when there’s drought and then we complain when it rains. Humans are almost never satisfied with the weather.

I hear you though. If this keeps up once walleye and musky open up I’ll be complaining. I got my fill of spring fishing in before the faucet got turned on.

James Almquist

Never complain about rain. More is always better then less.

Jimmy Jones

Never complain about rain. More is always better then less.

Unless you’re the poor soul with a river running thru your living room.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.