Shallow well

• petemoller

I’ve recently purchased 10 acres between Backus and Hackensack and was thinking of putting in a shallow well for my camper. How does anyone find out about the water table in the area, call the county or state. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

check with local well drillers……they generally have a good idea!!!!! or neighbors.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Get yourself a dowsing stick jester

jwellsy

Also find out what the local regulations are on well drilling.
    In some states you can drill a well yourself without a permit. But, if you hire someone to drill they will have to get a permit and register the well. Either way I’d suggest getting the water tested to see what’s in it.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Check out this site that details a cheap DIY method of shallow well drilling called hydrodrilling.

drillyourownwell.com

This is basically an easier way of drilling a deep sandpoint well without killing yourself with a sledgehammer. I will be drilling my own well this summer on my hunting property.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I put one in a few years ago on my property. My neighbor had put one in the year before so he was a big help, plus he has a gas poweredpost pounder. We spent more time couoling the pipes together than driving the pipes in the ground, it worked great. The area is very sandy and we only had to go down 20ft to have enough water for the pump to work.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Check out this site that details a cheap DIY method of shallow well drilling called hydrodrilling.

drillyourownwell.com

This is basically an easier way of drilling a deep sandpoint well without killing yourself with a sledgehammer. I will be drilling my own well this summer on my hunting property.

Two questions come to mind, (a) Wonder how many gallons of water is typically used when hydro -drilling? (b) How to accomplish this if one does not already have a pressurized water source on site?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Two questions come to mind, (a) Wonder how many gallons of water is typically used when hydro -drilling? (b) How to accomplish this if one does not already have a pressurized water source on site?

I’ll let you know for sure when I drill in June.

I already own a gas powered pump which I will couple to a IBC tote with 300 gallons of water drawn from my creek 1/4 mile away, filtered and chlorinated. I also have 5x 55 gallon drums on standby.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Huntindave wrote:</div>

I’ll let you know for sure when I drill in June.

I already own a gas powered pump which I will couple to a IBC tote with 300 gallons of water drawn from my creek 1/4 mile away, filtered and chlorinated. I also have 5x 55 gallon drums on standby.

Yes, one must have a source of pressurized water on site, prior to drilling a well with this method.

djshannon
    Crosslake

I have a lot with a driven well in the Crosslake area. The well is 2″ dia 20′ plus a 4′ sand point. A friend and I drove the well with an rented electric 60lb jack hammer and a drive cap. The well can produce about 10 gal/min and I have a 3/4hp shallow well jet pump. The well has been tested and is registered with the state on MN.
    It produces potable water and I use the well to water my large garden.

I have a Johnson stainless steel well screen. They are wound, welded, triangular wire and more permiable. Are much more durable to drive and long term much more reliable and less likely to plug with sand.

Mn has driven well regulations

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.