Terrova questions

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Looking at a trolling motor and curious the difference in the mdi version or the dsc version of the 24v 80lbs motor. I know the one is mega down and the other is sonar chirp I believe. But I’m not sure what the difference is

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

My understanding is thats the only difference. I recently bought the DSC one. Im not super well educated on them though.

Stanley

I think the MDI one also has the link capability. Mine is MDI and has link. This would be non quest models. I was looking at the quest models in scheels and was told that minnKota has a reinforcement plate for the bow that they recommend with all quest models because of the extra weight and torque from the motor. The plate was $200 extra.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I think the MDI one also has the link capability. Mine is MDI and has link. This would be non quest models. I was looking at the quest models in scheels and was told that minnKota has a reinforcement plate for the bow that they recommend with all quest models because of the extra weight and torque from the motor. The plate was $200 extra.

Does the dsc have link as well ? Isn’t it the same motor just different ducer

Stanley

Looks like it has link. When I got mine in 21 dsc wasn’t an option just us2 and mega di and the us2 didn’t have link

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Looks like it has link. When I got mine in 21 dsc wasn’t an option just us2 and mega di and the us2 didn’t have link

Yeah I was trying to go through and figure out the difference between the 2 but it wasn’t very clear besides the different ducer. I went and bought the dsc model on a sweet score from a buddies kid who works at a store that sells them. Was hoping I didn’t have to have him try to swap them.

Are they all blue tooth these days or is the bt model completely different ? I’m not a minnkota guy so this is a entirely new world to me.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Its for sure bluetooth. You can run it from their app if you wanted to.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.